|Office hours by appointment|
Prof Dr Barbara E. Weißenberger is a Professor of Business Administration and the Head of the Chair of Accounting at Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf. She is teaching classes in the Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. Program in the fields of management control, international accounting and auditing. She is passionate in integrating digital learning techniques into her teaching and has received several awards for implementing, e.g., inverted classroom technique.
In her research, Barbara E. Weißenberger is most interested in how different results controls, action controls and/or people controls are integrated into comprehensive as well as effective management control systems.
She also studies the impact of contextual factors, e.g. the need for ecological and social sustainability, compliance issues, or the digital transformation with in the finance function on the design of management control systems. Barbara E. Weißenberger has published extensively in leading academic journals, and won a number of international research awards. She is a member in the editorial board of several academic journals and has also served as Chairwoman of the German Academic Association for Business Research (2015/2016).
- Integrated Accounting subject to IFRS
- Management Control Systems
- Debiasing and Behavioral Accounting
- Digital Transformation of the CFO Function
- Compliance, Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Courses for BSc/LLB/MSc/PhD students in cost accounting and cost management, management control, financial accounting (German GAAP, IFRS), group accounting, and auditing