|Office hours by appointment|
Prof. Dr. Barbara E. Weißenberger is a professor of business administration and heads the Chair of Management Control and Accounting at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Germany. She is also affiliate professor of accounting at the Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany.
Her main research interest lies in the field of management accounting and control. In particular, Prof. Dr. Weißenberger is passionate about the impact of major societal changes, e.g., the increasing use of artificial intelligence or the growing demand for socially responsible corporate behavior, on corporations and how to respond with appropriate management control and accounting practices for sustainable performance in competitive business environments. As the author of a large number of scientific papers and monographs as well as the non-fiction book "Erfolgsfaktor BWL" (Success Factor Business Administration), Prof. Dr. Weißenberger argues in her work that business management knowledge not only makes companies successful in competition, but is also an indispensable driver of innovation for a sustainable economy and society.
- Management Control Systems
- Debiasing and behavioral accounting
- Digital transformation of the CFO function
- Compliance, business ethics and corporate digital responsibility
- Integrated accounting under IFRS
- Courses for BSc, LLB, MSc and PhD students in managerial and financial accounting and control